Monday, September 16, 2013

Loony-ville.

Well... it's official. I'm trained. Done. Legit. I'm a real live missionary now. Bah!
 
And the transfer e-mail just came. I'm staying in Nancy! But Soeur Rhondeau is leaving. She's going to Versailles! She's going back to Paris, which was her dream. I'm so stinkin' happy for her! 
 
And me? My new companion is a girl from Tahiti. Soeur Rhondeau says she's wonderful! AND... she only speaks French. Well. I have a feeling I am going to get really good at French this transfer. I think God knew I needed to find myself as a missionary before he could make me really work on my French. I'm so grateful I had someone so life changing as my trainer! Soeur Rhondeau has been the biggest blessing of my life. Now on to sweet Soeur Lai and only conversations en francais. ;) Gift of tongues, here I come.
 
This last week was just magical. We kind of figured we were being separated this next transfer, so we worked so hard and just lived in every single moment.
 
We got to take a train to Luneville this week! Still in our area, but pretty far when you have no car. We had a list a less actives to pass by, but it turns out that every single one of them had moved. Mince. So we walked away from a big batt with a bug painted on the side, looked around and said "These batts are interesting. Want to port here?" "Pourquoi pas!"
 
Chateau in Luneville!


 

 

 

 
 
 
I actually love batting. You have the most interesting people come and answer the door. No clothes? Brushing your teeth in your underwear? Having a crazy family reunion with loud African music?  All of the above, and so much more.
 
Finally at the last door we met this sweet lady with 3 young sons. She invited us in and we shared a message about God and his plan for us. She said she used to believe, but doesn't anymore. After a long hard marriage, her husband left her. She has seen too much hardness. But as we spoke to her, you could just tell that something in her wanted to believe there was something more. So, we're going to go back to see her this week!
 
We also went and taught the Sevoyans this week and had a breakthrough! We read in 2 Nephi 31-32 and discussed it and started talking about baptism. We explained that we don't believe in baptizing before the age of 8 because that's when kids reach the age of accountability. She loved that and said it made sense! Then we explained priesthood and invited her to be baptized. And... she said yes! She said it's hard and she can't set a date yet, but that is something she wants to do. She is so amazing!
 
The Sevoyan Famille!
Narok Sevoyan! SO stinkin' adorable.
Arpin Sevoyan and Soeur Bradley. 
 
I just love these women. I know some people go on their missions and completely change their minds about what they want to study and what career they want, and on the other hand some people just get completely reinforced in their former plans. I think that's honestly the spirit guiding you. Because I have never been more certain in my life that I am meant to work with women! I know without a doubt that I am meant to be a self esteem coach for girls. I meet women and girls every day who just have no idea that they are worth so much more than their bodies. And it breaks my heart.
 
I think one of the things I hate most in the world is shallow opinions about other humans and the way they look. Because as soon as those words some out of your mouth, you turn a living, divine, human soul into an object. I think it's gross. I think it's wrong.
 
Yes, we need to respect ourselves and put good things into our bodies. But it should be about health, not about weight or size or looks.
 
I meet these valiant women who are stay at home moms and think they are worthless and not contributing to society. So sad and so wrong!
 
I think being the one who gets to awaken the light of Christ in souls and begin to shape them and get them on the path to being what Heavenly Father sees in them is the most beautiful, heroic thing in the world!
 
Anyways, that's my little rant. I know God sent me here to meet these amazing women.
 
Missions are seriously the best thing ever. I can't believe I thought, even for a second, this wasn't my thing. What an amazing opportunity to just go spread some truth! To just add to the light and truth that people already have!
The cute Chaston couple! We LOVE them!

 
I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and his courage. He never denied that he had seen a vision. He was faced with the most violent opposition, which eventually took his life. But he never backed down. He really saw God, the Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ. He knew it. God knows it. I know it too.
 
I love you all so much! Your support keeps me going!
 
Amour, Soeur Autumn Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment