Monday, March 31, 2014

A Letter From Soeur Elliott

[Mom insert: Soeur Elliott gave me permission to share part of a letter she sent to me this week]:

Bonjour!!

This is Sister Elliott your daughter’s companion! I just really had to take a couple minutes to let you know just how incredible your daughter is. ( I mean I am sure you already know, but a second witness could never hurt.)
 
So the transfer before Sr. Bradley came up here to Lille was really, really hard for me. I had met Sr. Bradley one other time in Paris because she was companions with one of my friends from the MTC (Sr. Lefrandt) and that day we had a really awesome soul chat where we got to know each other. So you can only imagine how enthusiastically I jumped for joy when I found out we were going to be companions. But I i had no idea what was in store for me.

Sr. Bradley has a knack for bringing out the "real" in people. For the first time in my life I have a friend that I can’t help but be myself around, and who accepts it all, even all my dumb little quirks. She is so true to herself that I cannot help but be true to myself as well. We have learned so much together this transfer about reaching our true potential, and not letting anyone stop that progression. 

She also loves sincerely. When I am around her I can’t help but feel that pure love of Christ that she carries with her always. She has a visible light that makes ALL of our investigators love her. I can truly testify to you that through your daughter others have felt and recognized God’s love for the first time in their lives. What an incredible thing that is.

So as you can see I love Sr. Bradley so stinking much. She has changed my life and is the best friend I have ever had. I can’t thank YOU enough for being the mother you are to her and for letting her come here and change my life and the lives of so many others. She loves you so, so much. I just wanted someone who is out here and sees your daughter in action every day tell you of the incredible things she is doing. I am sure you miss her, but she so badly needs to be out here. She is changing the world I promise you.

I know I don’t know you but I already truly love you and your family. You have all been an amazing example to me through the stories Sr. Bradley tells me. I can’t wait for the day I get to meet you! Have an amazing week! We are praying for you!

Soeur Emily Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment